Recently while googling(I know...BAD idea) why I am infertle, I came across something VERY interesting to me. *Infertility affects 7.3 million Americans, as many as 1 in 8 couples. Like me.* For the longest time, I thought I was alone. I truely believed "why am I the only one around here that cant have a baby?" Not long after I opened up about my infertility, I met 2 very great ladies, who are good friends of mine now. K if now pregnant...after fighting for 6 years. D is not so lucky....she "sinks" in the same boat as I. Our insurance doesnt cover infertility treatment...just diagnosis. I later found out that M, a lifetime family friend was experiencing infertility aswell, along with failed IVFs & multiple miscarriages. Its just absolutly astonishing to me that these ladies were here all along, & I never knew. They may have been thinking the same things that I was at first...embarrased, dont want people to think I am trying to get attention, or being a "cry baby." =/ Im just to that point that I dont care anymore. I am openly expressing my feelings, & if they dont like it, they dont have to listen! *sigh*
Do you know someone with this gosh awful disease? If so, lend them an ear to talk to to, or just be their crying shoulder. If a couple of my sisters wouldnt have come to me & said "just let it out," I wouldnt be here blogging today, or spreading what little knowledge I have of this, to people that just arent sure what to do.
Ok...Im off my soap box for the day. Im going to share another(YES, another!) video. This one is the most powerful I have seen thus far. Enjoy...& if you want to do your part of spreading the word about Nat'l Infertility Awareness Week....share this video with everyone you know! :) Good day, & great weekend! :)

Ahh reading your post I cant even imagine!! It makes me angry at the people that keep having children that cant support them without support, and then people that are trying and trying have so many problems. I think about you alot when I hear about infertility. I will pray still for you and tell people that I know have a prayer list to put you on it. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a powerful video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteTwilia, no problem! :)
ReplyDelete