There
are women that become mothers without effort,
without thought, without patience or loss and
though
they are good mothers and love their
children,
I know that I will be just as good a
mother.
It will be not because of
genetics,
or money or that I have read more books but because I
have
struggled and toiled for this
child.
I have longed and waited. I have cried and
prayed.
I have endured and planned over and over
again.
Like most things in life, the people who truly
have
appreciation are those who have struggled to
attain
their dreams.
I will notice everything about my child.I will take time
to watch my child sleep, explore and
discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day
for
the rest of my life.
I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the
night
to the sound of my child, knowing that I can
comfort,
hold and feed him and that I am not waking to
take
another temperature, pop another pill, take
another
shot or cry tears of a broken dream. My dream will
be
crying for me.
I count myself blessed in this sense; that God has
given
me this insight, this special vision with which I
will
look upon my child that my friends will not
see.
Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a
child that God leads me to, I will not be
careless
with my love.
I will be a better mother for all that I have
endured.
I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better
daughter,
neighbor, friend and sister because I have known
pain.
I know disillusionment as I have been betrayed by
my
own body.
I have been tried by fire and hell
many
never face, yet given time, I stood
tall.
I have prevailed. I have succeeded. I have
won.
So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run
from
their pain in order to save myself
discomfort.
I see it, mourn it, and join them in
theirs.
I listen. And even though I cannot make it
better,
I can make it less lonely.
I have learned the immense power
of
another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes
that
moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth
and
when life is beyond hard. I have learned a
compassion
that only comes with walking in those
shoes.
I have learned to appreciate
life.
Yes I will be a wonderful
mother.
~Unknown Author
I found this while googling infertility blogs...I just couldnt pass it up.

No comments:
Post a Comment